Thursday, November 5, 2009

Δ of ♥


In the past couple weeks I have had a change of heart.  2 weeks ago when I started doing this I was reading an inspiring 350 page book that I couldn't put down.  Then I started studying my bible with greater depth.  Studying my bible as I did in college, memorizing the facts, putting all the pieces of the puzzles together.  I have been studying the books of Kings.  I have been memorizing the kings of Israel and Judah, the things they were known for, and how long they were kings.  I have been studying who the prophets were during each era of Kings.  I knew in the past that parts of Kings is repeated in Chronicles, but I didn't know that the prophets found in kings are given each their own book in the prophecy section of the bible.  I've been trying for years to know my bible in such great depth, and to make the stories of the Old Testament stick in my head.  Sections of the bible that seemed boring before.  Understanding the bible in a new way has made it seem even smaller then before, and more applicable to today.  I have found so much joy in being able to study  my bible in more depth on my days off from work that I have found a depression in having to return to work.  I don't find the book inspiring or motivating that I was reading when this all started.  I found it a chore just to read what I did read in it tonight.  I rather be in my Word than to even speak to my boyfriend.  Last night I woke up in the middle of the night.  I was so excited to study more that I got up a half hour earlier to study before leaving to work.  I will be doing some more before I go to bed now.  This is the power of the Lord upon my life at this point in time!!!

All I can pray is: "Lord may you make me a new creation through better understanding of who you are.  May my character be changed in the likeness of you.  May you purge every evil impurity from my heart and mind.  Distract evil from coming my way.  Stomp on the enemy before he gets to me.  May your light shine upon me, and others be in the light of your presence when they are with me.  Amen"