Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti

My exboyfriend's parents are from Haiti.  Before our relationship ended he was set to go to the Dominican Republic and his plan was for me to come there inwhich he would propose to me.  (It was supposed to be a secret from me, but he accidently sent an attached email to an email sent to me.  I almost didn't see it, until I went back to read that email.)  Since Haiti is on the other end of the Dominican Republic island, I said, "Oh can we go to Haiti too!"  He hadn't been there since he was 6 and said it wouldn't be safe for us to go there.

Fastforward a year, and on July 12th I found out that he had moved back to Houston.  I was heartbroken, but my prayer was something like:
 "Dear Lord, I'm not going to try to contact him and if after
6 months I still feel the same way I'll make my move then.
  If your plan is not him and you have someone else for me,
please put them in my path.  I want YOUR Will for my life! 
If not please soften his heart and make a way for us
to be together again." 
2 days after July 12th I started talking to my new boyfriend, and I thought it had been the answer to my prayer.  Christmas Eve he broke up with me, shortly before the 6 month mark, January 12th.  Coincidence or God that the 7.0 Magnitude earthquake would hit Haiti on that day.  Reason and open door to contact the exboyfriend?  I don't know.

My plan is not to knock on that open door or even enter in.  It'll take God and something much greater than myself to have that door opened in another way other than me making contact.  However my prayer now is to go to Haiti in a couple months after the emergency crews have left.  I have 4 years of French in high school and am a nurse, and I want to be able to use the skills and abilities the Lord has given me.  This is my one opportunity to go into a country inwhich I previously would have  not had the opportunity due to safety issues.  14,000 American troops are there, which makes it safer civilian conditions.  Currently I am awaiting the open door of a Christian organization that would allow me to go there as a missionary nurse for a period of time. 
 
Dear Lord, Let the door be opened.  Use me!