Saturday, January 30, 2010

Excuse me Miss, Do you have a question?

Tonight I was reading a book called Imitation of Christ on the bus. After the bible it has been translated in more languages than any other book. So this woman on the phone put the person on the other end on hold and asks me about what I am reading. I told her a little bit about it then she resumed her conversation with the person on the phone. Right as I was getting off she asked me, "Do you have a question?" I was baffled, didn't know what to say, should I have a question after what I just read? I'm exhausted and deep thought and thinking isn't happening tonight. I didn't have a question then, but now I do.

Why did I meet that woman on the bus? Will I ever see her again? Why was I awoken in my sleep last night to pray for someone? Where am I going in this life? When will it happen? What does God have lined up for me? What will I be as a person at the end of this life? What work will the Lord do in me, and how different will I be in my 80s than I am today? Will I think differently, act differently? Will the Lord save my family? What does God see in me that I don't see in myself? What? When? Where? Why? How Lord? Will all of my questions someday be answered?